Immigration Law


Arizona has recently enacted laws that make the state very unfriendly to immigrants. Do not get caught here out of status. If you are married or related to a U.S. Citizen and you entered the country legally, there is a very good chance we can help you get a green card, even if you have overstayed your permission to be here. We will file your adjustment of status paperwork (I-130, I-485). We will walk you through the immigration process and send an attorney to your interview with you. Don’t spend another day living in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Mesa, Tempe, Glendale or Chandler without a green card. We will file to make you a resident. Eventually, through the process you can become a legal permanent resident or a U.S. Citizen.

If you are married to a U.S. citizen and you did not enter the country legally we may be able to help you as well. Through a consular adjustment of status, you may have an immigration remedy to solve your immigration problem. Do not get caught in Phoenix without a green card; Sherriff Joe and posse are looking to deport anything that moves.

Immigration Bonds

If someone close to you is detained in Florence or Eloy or at ICE Phoenix do not give up hope in many cases it is possible to get a hearing with a judge or negotiate with ICE to get them out. If this happens call us immediately for help every hour matters.

Cancellation of Removal

If your loved one has been picked up by ICE do not give up hope. They may be eligible for an adjustment of status or cancellation of removal. If your loved one has been here an extended period of time and their deportation would cause extreme hardship to a U.S. citizen, then they may be eligible for 42A or 42B cancellation of removal. Even if they have been convicted of a crime, we may be able to help if the crime does not fall into certain categories. Once someone has been deported it is much harder to get them back into the country legally, so fight to keep your relative in Arizona before it’s too late.

Deferred Action (Work Permit for people who would be eligible for the Dream Act)

If you are not over 30 years old, have been in the country since before you turned 16, have graduated high school or have a GED, have no criminal record (if you have any record call to see if you are eligible), have lived in the United States continuously for over 5 years then you are eligible to file for Deferred Action.

Deferred Action will provide a 2 year work permit. It is not a green card. The government says that it will be renewable but that could change in the future, please call to set up a consultation if you are considering whether or not to apply for Deferred Action. This is not the Dream Act which did not pass congress and would have provided permanent residency but it does provide a befit for the same people who would have been helped by the Dream Act.

The Neufeld Law Firm PLC recommends you hire an attorney for the filing of any immigration petitions.